Some manufacturers of rail saws are Alpha Professional Tools, Intertools Trac Star, The Blue Ripper and Accuglide, to name just a few.
Right Angle Grinders
Right angle grinders are available in electric or air. Through experiences, the air-powered grinders tend to last a lot longer than the electric models.
Right angle grinders operate in the range of 10,000 rpm and higher and are used for cutting. Right angle grinders are used for comb cutting and getting into tight areas that a small saw cannot, such as inside corners, etc. A right angle grinder should be used with a guard. I know many shops who remove the guard, but if OSHA comes a knocking you're going to get a fine.
Polishers are also available in electric and air. I prefer the air polishers for several reasons. They are lighter, easier to handle and last a lot longer than electric polishers. The polisher will most likely be the most used small tool in your shop and therefore you should look into buying the best available.
Tips for air polishers:
• Use dry air only. If your air compressor does not have a dryer, you will accumulate lots of moisture in the air lines, which can freeze up your air.
• Oil daily. Air polishers need oil to operate smoothly. Use the proper oil every day.
• Consider proper sound levels. Look for an air polisher with a muffler. The decibels on some polishers can be extremely high (110 dB and up).
Tips for electric polishers:
• Find a polisher in the correct weight range. Look for a polisher that is light and easy to handle.
• GFCI is important. Make sure your polisher has a ground fault to prevent shock.
• Make sure you have brushes. Buy spare brushes for the motor. If you use your polisher a lot, which you probably will, you will find that the brushes burn up very quickly. Many polishers come with a spare set of brushes.
Die grinders are very high speed tools similar to Dremels, but more heavy duty. I like using a grinder for T-31 sink anchors. They can also be used for detailing small areas, as well as for carving because there are numerous bits available.